Think you could run every day for 7 days? Sounds straightforward, right?.
Then look no further than the next P7in7 Challenge to be held during Spring Week from Saturday 20th March (the Vernal Equinox and the first official day of spring in the UK) to Friday 26th March 2021.
The concept is simple - go for a run of almost any distance (we suggest 1 mile as the minimum) and repeat each day for 7 days. You can run any distance you want and vary your daily mileage as much as you want but you must cover at least 1 mile in each 24 hour period (from midnight to midnight).
Not only is this is a perfect way to dip your toe into multi-day endurance challenges or further your existing experience, but what better way to spend the first few days of spring than VIRTUALLY amongst running friends. What's not to love - it'll probably still be cold & dark outside, almost certainly peeing with rain all week, but fingers crossed we'll be emerging from lockdown. Either way, let's go running instead.
And just to add a bit of fun, why not try one of the following challenges during your week :
- The Suck it and See runner - mixed mileage, just go out every day and see how you go!
- The 5k runner, covers 35k in their week
- The10k runner, covers 70k in their week
- The Half-Marathon runner, covers 91.7 miles in their week
- The Marathon runner - covers 183.4 miles in their week
- The Ultra Marathon runner - theirs is a 200+ mile week
- The Fibonacci runner - runs the Fibonacci mathematical sequence finishing with a half marathon on day 7. So, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13.1 (add the 0.1 on day 7)
- The Ascension runner - adds random mileage each day but always runs more than the day before
- The Stairway to Heaven runner - adds a fixed distance each day, so say starts with 3 miles, then 4 then 5, then 6, etc, etc
- The Hell for Leather runner - goes as LONG as possible on day 1 then decreases mileage each day.
- The Hump Day runner, increases mileage until day 4 then decreases until day 7.
- The Big Mileage runner - run as many miles as you can in 7 days, go BIG or go home!
You'll get a bespoke P7in7 themed sequential BIB when you sign up and then during the week we'll ask you to share your miles and stories to our Facebook groups and submit your results through your Phoenix World, run by run.
This is a challenge for literally anyone of any running ability. If you're new to running, fancy something a bit different, or, fancy your first foray into multi-day endurance challenges, want to practice running consistent distances over consecutive days, or just seeing how many miles you can run in a week, then this is for you. And, if you're a seasoned ultra runner, then we'd love to have you aboard for some seriously BIG-WEEK mileage.
We probably don't really need to say it, but there will, of course, be a limited edition, Spring Special, version of our P7in7 medal (sent out after the challenge to all finishers). It's an epic piece of bling.
Sounds simple right?
To sign-up and log in to your very own Phoenix WORLD account click here and follow the simple sign-up process. You only sign up once and then you can log in to your Phoenix WORLD to submit virtual results, see what future events you've entered in the crystal ball, manage your details and much, much more.
We provide a physical running service and by entering our events you are purchasing an actual run, either by attending our events or by running the event virtually yourself. All participants in our events, both attended and virtual, will receive a free giveaway medal / memento from your run.