T&C’s Entry Rules 2017 / 2018
PHOENIX Running Ltd Events;
All Phoenix events are held under UKA (United Kingdom Athletics) & EA (England Athletics rules with TRA (Trail Running Association) permits and all events are 100 Marathon Club approved.
Phoenix Running Ltd is a certified and registered affiliate member of England Athletics; Registered Reference Certificate Number is 7692738.
(click on images to enlarge)
Phoenix Running Ltd is a certified and registered member of the Trail Running Association; Membership Number is 3143.
All events are held under an individual TRA permit which is always applied for and allocated in advance and a copy is available at the start / finish area of each event.
The permit number for each event can also be found retrospectively at the top of each events results page.
Event Terms & Conditions, Entry Rules;
Please Note: Entry fees are not refundable. Entries and race numbers are not transferable to another participant within 2 weeks of the race date.
On entry to Phoenix Running Ltd events and upon agreeing to participate in our events, you agree to the following;
Phoenix Marathon, Half Marathon and 6-hour timed events are held under UKA (United Kingdom Athletics) rules and regulations and as such you declare that;
- You are an amateur as defined by UK Athletics laws and agree to abide by their rules.
- You agree not to hold the organisers, marshals, volunteers, sponsors or any associated company or organisation working within the framework of the event (to the extent permitted by law) liable for any personal injury, sickness or accident suffered, nor the loss of any property on the course, changing areas, or event HQ.
- You are fully aware of the potential and actual risks associated with participation is these events and that on event day you are medically fit to take part
- You participate entirely at your own risk and agree not to take part if you are unwell or injured.
- You understand that the entry fee is non-refundable.
- You understand that participation in long distance events is highly individual and as such entries and race numbers are not transferable to another participant within 2 weeks of the race date.
- Each event is a entered as a separate and standalone running event.
In the unlikely event that the Phoenix Running event has to be cancelled, delayed or postponed due to circumstances outside of our control, such as extreme weather or instruction from Emergency Services, no refunds will be payable, however entry will be carried forward to the next running of the event or a suitable alternative event.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or over on the event date to take part in the event.
- All runners must attend the race briefing to be held 15 minutes before the race start at the Race HQ and have registered and collected race numbers before this time.
- Participants give permission for photographs or films to be taken during Phoenix Running Ltd events and Phoenix Running reserve the right to use such photographs for publicity or to promote future events.
- All data is stored securely and will not be supplied to any third party.
- On event days you must complete personal details, including any health issues and medication being taken on the reverse of the race number.
- The race number must be worn at all times and be clearly visible on the front of race apparel for the duration of the race.
- Runners must agree to and follow any instructions given by event officials / marshals
- The time limit to complete the course is 7 hours (unless specified otherwise at the race briefing or in the written material associated with that event) and after this time all marshals / water stations and markers will be removed. Note: our 6-hour timed events have a 6 hour time limit.
- Any participant who retires during the event must ring the race day mobile number and inform a marshal of their withdrawal. The marshal will remove and retain their race number.
- Phoenix Running reserves the right to alter or amend race information or rules before the event and publish any changes.
- The wearing of music devices or devices requiring headphones is permitted at the participants own risk.
- Not litter the course and must use the bins either provided or available on the route.
- Keep to the trail route and public towpaths so that there is no impact on the environment.
- Give right-of-way to members of the public, including cyclists at all times.
Failure to follow event rules could result in disqualification and the Race Directors decision is final